Social Media Content Terms and Conditions
These Social Media Content Terms and Conditions apply when you have posted content (such as photos) on third party social media sites.
The Boots Company plc has requested to use the image/video and other content (for example, comments, text, handles) which features you or which is your work or property ("Content"). By responding to our request with the hashtag #YesSleek you agree to the following:
In consideration of The Boots Company plc publicising your Content, you hereby agree to the provisions of this agreement.
You agree to grant The Boots Company plc and its associated companies, subsidiaries, employees, agents, licences and assigns (hereinafter referred to as "Boots"), an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free and unrestricted right to use, sub-licence, transfer, copy, distribute, store, adapt, reproduce, modify, publish, display, and create derivative works of the Content or any parts thereof, including your image and likeness as depicted therein, throughout the world for the following purposes:
- editorial purposes;
- trade purposes;
- advertising and promotional purposes;
- commercial and non-commercial purposes; and/or
- any other purposes.
You affirm, represent and warrant that you have the power and authority to grant the licence in paragraph 2 above.
For the avoidance of doubt, Boots is under no obligation to use any Content you have responded to with the hashtag #YesSleek.
You understand that licence in paragraph 2 means that all of the Content (including your or anyone else’s image and likeness as depicted therein) may be used by Boots in any manner throughout the world in any medium, including without limitation, printed publications, presentations, promoted materials, television, cinema or the internet, including but not limited to Boots and its brands websites (including their online gallery) and social media channels as well as in emails sent to its or their customer databases ("Medium"), in their original format or edited or altered in any way which Boots deems appropriate.
You acknowledge and agree that other users of any of the Medium (including without limitation individuals and companies) can also share and make your Content available on social media platforms or other services. Without limitation, in particular a user can share the Content directly from the gallery on the Boots / its brands’ website, or Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or other social media accounts, and if they are accessing the gallery on their mobile device can share Content via Whatsapp. If you do not want to grant the permissions set out above then please do not submit #YesSleek in response to our request.
By responding to our request with the hashtag #YesSleek, you confirm and warrant the following:
- You are the only author of the Content and that it is your original work;
- You are the sole copyright holder of the Content;
- You have not licensed or granted any rights in the Content that will conflict with the usage / image rights required by Boots ;
- You are aged 18 or over;
- Where image or likeness in the Content is that of another person, you have the permission of any persons whose image or likeness is depicted in the Content (or if they are under 18, the consent of their parent or guardian) or are otherwise authorised to give consent on behalf of such persons to the use of their image or licence in accordance with these terms;
- The Content does not include any other intellectual property rights or other rights of any other third person or entity;
- The Content does not breach any contract or duty of confidence, constitute contempt of court or defame any party; and
- The Content does not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
You shall be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your Content and shall fully indemnify Boots in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching the terms of this agreement.
Uploading of photographs of pornographic, profane, sexist, defamatory, vulgar and racist nature are prohibited and you confirm and warrant that your Content does not breach this provision. Furthermore, Boots reserves the right to delete such Content.
You agree to waive (or to the extent that you cannot waive agree irrevocably not to assert) any and all moral rights to which you may be entitled anywhere in the world in respect of the Content.
- In relation to personal data in the Content, or which you provide to us, you consent to Boots, that Boots may:
- store copies of the Content, and any contact details you provide for the purpose of contacting you;
- transfer to (and store) copies of the Content, and your contact details, to a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"); and
- share the Content and your contact details with third parties who need this to be able to provide services to us;
- Please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent for Boots to process your personal data at any time. If you wish to do this then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We will take reasonable steps to remove your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable (for example, from our website), but please be aware that if we have already used your personal data in other media (e.g. your image in published materials) then we would not be able to retract use of your Content in this way. However, we would not make any new use of your Content once you have withdrawn your consent.
The terms of this agreement shall be governed by and construed with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If any provisions of this agreement shall be held illegal, void, invalid or unenforceable under the laws of any jurisdiction, the legality, validity and unenforceability of the remainder of this agreement in that jurisdiction shall not be affected and the legality, validity and enforceability of the whole of this agreement shall not be affected in any other jurisdiction.
If you respond with #YesSleek you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and to agree to be bound by them.
The Boots Company plc is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 27657 and registered office situated at Nottingham NG2 3AA.
2) Competition is open to residents of the UK and Spain only.
3) Entry criteria:
a) All entrants must be 18 years of age and must be able to speak fluent English (as a second language is fine).
b) Entrants must have a valid passport and visa for travel the UK.
c) Entry into this competition will be made once you email email@example.com with a picture of your boldest makeup look. Entrant must include their phone number and address in email so we can notify the winner.
d) All entrants must be aspiring makeup artists, and there must be evidence of work on clients on their social channels. They must have a public Instagram account.
e) Employees of Walgreens Boots Alliance, their families, dependents and agents and any other person connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
f) All entrants must be available to travel to the UK for a video and photoshoot that will take place w/c 25th November – date to be confirmed.
4) The winners will each receive:
a) 1 x day video content shoot to create their own Sleek MakeUP Tutorial video to be filmed in a London studio. Before (no makeup) and after content will be created and winner will talk through how to get the look. The winner will also co-create additional content with the Sleek team to support new product launches (video & still content).
b) Access to Top Tier makeup artist on set to network, learn and elevate looks when needed.
c) All content will feature on Global Sleek MakeUP owned channels both online and in-store, and 3rd party retailer channels both online and in-store)
d) Sleek will support each winner by tagging talent and featuring their bio on sleek.com until 31st August 2021 as a minimum.
e) Talent Fee of £400 to featuring in the campaign including full usage rights across all channels for 12 months (see clause 13 for further details).
f) A kit of essential Sleek MakeUP products, with a retail value of at least £500.
5) Sleek MakeUP will cover the cost of travel to the shoot and accommodation, up to the value of £300 per winner. Any additional travel costs to be covered by winners.
6) Only one entry per person. No purchase necessary.
7) 3 winners will be selected from all entries. The winner will be selected by the Sleek Global Brand team. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8) The winner will be notified directly via email on Tuesday 12th November. This must be acknowledged by the winner within 72hours. Failure to respond to this message means an alternative winner will be selected from all valid entries received.
9) The winners will each be required to participate in a video and photoshoot w/c 25th November in the UK.
10) The winners will be required to attend 3 x pre-production meetings via phone or video calls (Sleek MakeUP induction, Product Induction, Makeup Test).
11) The winners will be required to sign a WBA NDA.
12) The shoot will be a closed set, meaning winners are not under any circumstances allowed to post any content from the day on their personal social channels. Winners can post final campaign content to their social media channels once the campaign has gone live on at least one Sleek MakeUP channel. Winners must hashtag #AD in the caption of any campaign content they post. Winners will only be allowed to post each separate asset once that asset has gone live on at least one Sleek MakeUP channel – they must not post any asset that has not yet gone live on at least one Sleek MakeUP channel. Winners must tag, as a minimum, their local Sleek MakeUP channel (the account native to their country of residence) where they post campaign assets on their personal social media channels.
13) All campaign content the winners feature in will have 12months global usage, digital (paid and social), in-store and events on Sleek MakeUP owned and 3rd party channels. There will be no negotiation on what content can and cannot be used. Entrance to the competition constitutes the entrant’s acknowledgement of and agreement to these usage stipulations.
14) By entering this competition, entrants agree to assign all copyright subsisting in the submitted or thereafter created works to The Boots Company PLC through separate agreements.
15) There are no prize alternatives: the prizes must be accepted as offered and are not transferable. Sleek International Limited reserves the right to substitute a prize or part thereof with a prize of equal or higher value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
16) Responsibility will not be accepted for loss, delay and corruption of any data in transit or in the incomplete nature of any entries to the prize draw.
17) The Promoter of this competition is Sleek International Limited, 1 Thane Road West, NG2 3AA
18) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to Sleek International Limited and not to Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims. Participation in this promotion is subject to the official rules.
19) The promoter will, on request, make available details of the prize winners (Surnames and Counties of residence).
• If you object to your Surname and County being made available on request, in the event of being a prize winner, you must notify the promoter by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Your details can still be made available to the Advertising Standards Authority should they request this information to assess compliance with the CAP Code.
20) Entries are subject to verification. Incomplete, bulk, automated and third party entries will be disqualified. Sleek International Limited reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion, to refuse to accept any entrant and/or to select a winning entry at Sleek International Limited’s absolute discretion.
22) These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.